Pinterest, an image-driven site, attracts more people to websites and blogs than many other popular social media sites, including YouTube, Google+, and LinkedIn (according to Mashable.com). Furthermore, it continues to grow at astounding rates, proving to be a great real estate marketing tool. As a real estate agent, the question you’re probably asking is, “How do I use Pinterest to increase traffic to my website or blog?” After a little research, we have come up with ten simple strategies that you can start implementing immediately into your real estate activities.
10 Pinterest Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Real Estate Website
1. Post High Quality Images – Pinterest is a visual site, which makes pinning high-quality images vital to your success. Create content rich boards by pinning images from your own blog or website, as well as repinning other people’s photos. This ensures that you have unbiased, content rich boards. Be sure to link your personal images back to your blog/website. This is where hiring a professional photographer to take stellar photos is worth it especially on high end homes that capture interest from online audiences.
2. Create a wide range of interesting Pinterest Boards – The more boards you have, the more people will be attracted to them. Have fun with it and create boards about favorite backyards, kitchens, outdoor spaces, fireplaces, architectural detail, swimming pools, game rooms etc. You can also create “educational boards” such as home improvement ideas, repurposing ideas, interior design, etc.
3. Showcase Homes for Sale – What better way to promote current homes for sale than on a visual site like Pinterest. Allow people to dream about living in a beautiful home, and your sale is halfway made. Let the pictures do the selling!
4. Create a Pinterest Resume – Demonstrate your experience by pinning photos of homes you have sold. You could title it “Making Dreams Come True” or “Satisfied Clients” and ask your clients to share pictures of themselves in their new homes. You could even include a short testimonial in the description.
5. Videos can be pinned, too! – Pinterest has a separate section for videos, so don’t forget to include them on your Pinterest boards as well. Pin educational real estate videos you find or have created on your own.
6. Keep Descriptions Short – According to a study by Dan Zarrella, The Social Media Scientist, descriptions that are about 200 characters long are the most likely to be repinned.
7. Use Keyword Search Terms in your Descriptions – Some of the most pinned words on Pinterest include, “love, home, things, style, ideas, like, places, inspiration, favorite, and design” (taken from a study by Dan Zarrella). Real estate agents can easily incorporate these keywords in their descriptions. For example: “Lake Tahoe mountain homes,” “Lake Tahoe historical homes,” etc.
8. Use Hashtags to Categorize Descriptions – You can add hashtags to your description to help categorize your pins, i.e., #Miami homes, #condos, #luxury estates, etc. Try not to use more than 3 or 4 hashtags in a description to avoid looking like spam.
9. Include Engaging Questions in your Descriptions – Including questions in your descriptions encourages people to leave comments. For example, if the picture features a gorgeous home ask, “What’s your favorite style of house?” or if the picture shows a renovated kitchen ask, “What color combination would you like in your dream kitchen?”
10. Increase Image Height – Collage images into one long image to get more “repins” (also according to a study by Dan Zarrella). This a great way to showcase your hottest listings with pictures of the inside of the home as well as the outside. Using Photoshop stack multiple photos into one jpeg image to be uploaded to your site. This will create a longer height to make your image stand out from the rest.
Pinterest is a valuable marketing tool that real estate agents use to drive more traffic to their websites and blogs. We encourage you to go onto Pinterest two to three times a week and start pinning. Before you know it, you will have people following your boards and repinning their favorite images. The best thing about Pinterest is that it is fun and simple to use, so start today and give the Pinterest world something to pin about!
Check out our previous post if you want to learn more about how Pinterest works and how you can Generate Real Estate Leads using Pinterest.
Are you interested in Real Estate Blog Websites?
What better way connect with clients and attract new clients than with your own real estate blog. We offer professional (and beautiful!) real estate blog websites that will enable you to expose your branding online. We make it easy by offering real estate website design, tools, and support. Along with our premium real estate WordPress websites, you can expect SEO tips, blogging tips such as the article you just read, and real estate marketing ideas.