In order to keep your website running optimally, it is necessary that you perform some routine maintenance at least once a month. The official WordPress site recommends you create a reminder and list of what you should do. We have outlined below some easy steps on how you can do this yourself. If you are not comfortable following these steps or just don’t have the time, you can contact us for a quote to do the work when you need it.
For complete peace of mind, we offer WordPress Maintenance Care Plans. Not only will we perform all the tasks below, but several other tasks to keep your site secure and running optimally allowing you more time to focus on your business.
Updating plugins is one of the most important maintenance steps you can take. Plugin developers will release bug and security fixes that may be necessary to keep your site running smoothly.
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard
- Go to Dashboard > Updates
- In the Plugins section > check the box next to Select All (this will select all plugins that have updates available)
- Select the Update Plugins button
- Depending on how may plugins you have, this may take 1-3+ minutes.
- Once completed, visit your site and visit a few of the pages and posts to verify everything is working.
Here are some other helpful tips on how to keep your site running better.
- Review and Remove all Plugins that you don’t use / need.
- Clean up Spam Comments
- Optimize your Database (use a tool such as WP-DBManager)
Need Help? check out our WordPress Maintenance Service Add-on.