Get ready for the next biggest thing to hit the blogging world – Brand Journalism. That’s right, think of your blog now as a Real Estate News publication and that you are an experienced journalist in the real estate field. I know it’s hard to come up with topics to cover every week, but if you think of yourself as a journalist then the real estate blog topics will start to flow.
Write content that can be used across all kinds of media platforms. Publish articles about the real estate industry based on what people are saying about it. Doing these things will increase traffic to your blog and allow your content to reach farther than ever before. It’s a great exercise to get those creative real estate blog juices flowing again.
How do you present your content as news?
- Hot Real Estate Topics – Cover the hottest real estate topics out there.
- Local News – Write about local city changes that might affect a neighborhood, or the community real estate market as a whole.
- Real Estate Q & A – Ask yourself, “What are the most common questions my buyers and sellers ask?” Now, make a list of these questions and then answer each one in a separate blog post.
- News Columns – Start news columns such as “This Weeks Hot Tip,” “Interest Rates This Month” or “Best Buy.”
- Real Estate 101 – Every time you sit down to write a post, make a plan to educate and inform your audience.
- Change How Others Think – Start referring to your blog as an “online magazine” so that others automatically see it as a professional publication.
Changing how you think about your real estate blog will enable you to provide more rich and thoughtful articles. People love this! Traffic to your blog will increase as readers discover current industry news with interesting content. It is time to truly own your publication.