Do you get stressed out just thinking about posting every day?
Do you post every day, but still aren’t seeing an increase in traffic?
Do you find it hard to come up with new post ideas?
Posting can be a little overwhelming at times, so here is some good news – we are here to help! We understand that maintaining real estate blog websites isn’t always easy. Read on for some useful real estate blog tips that will get you organized and in a steady routine so that you can post quality content more often.
The big question many agents ask themselves is, “Do I really need to post every day?” In the search for this answer we have discovered that posting every day may or may not help you increase traffic to your website. This is due to the phenomenon of “quality vs. quantity.” More often than not, daily posts are written in haste and don’t have strong enough content to really grab someone’s long-term attention. After all, the overall goal is to attract new and repeat visitors, right?
So, how often should you post?
You’ll be surprised to know that it is really up to you and what you feel you are capable of (*big sigh of relief*). Keep in mind that your goal should be focused on quality posts. That said, there are good reasons to post daily, and there are good reasons to post two or three times a week – do what works for you!
Why you might want to post daily:
1. It offers a steady routine and builds good writing habits.
2. Offers more opportunity to post topics related to your keyword phrases
2. The more quality posts you have, the more often readers will find you in search engines
4. Content is short, fresh, and to-the-point (in most cases)
5. Offers more opportunity to post varied mixed-media content (i.e., videos, short market updates, lots of pictures, etc.)
6. It will keep your blog fresh and on the cutting edge of the industry
Why you might want to post 2 to 3 times a week:
1. Readers who follow multiple blogs will appreciate quality posts every few days
2. Avoid reader “burn out” from too many posts too frequently
3. Posts can be more in-depth and thought out, improving SEO rankings
4. It gives readers more time to comment – promoting good discussions between the author and readers
5. Posts with videos or lots of pictures keep things fresh and interesting (and get you to the next week without shirking your goals)
6. It will keep your blog on the cutting edge of the industry
The key here is to develop a routine that works for you. As you make posting on your blog a consistent work habit, it won’t be nearly as intimidating. Some agents like to prepare all of their posts for the week in one sitting. When they are ready to post, all they have to do is add the time-sensitive information and they are done! Take some time to focus on real estate key words you want your site to rank for and start blogging about those topics in order to help your ranking in the search engines for those terms.
Real estate agents are lucky they have a lot of topics that make great weekly posts right at their fingertips. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Pick one community each week and write a short “community market update”
- Pick a “Home of the Week” with some facts about who should be interested and why
- Do an “Agents Top Pick of the Week” and why it was chosen
- Best Foreclosure of the Week
- Seller Tip of the Week
- Buyer Tip of the Week
For more ideas, review our “What to Write About” blog posts.
What do you do now?
Experiment with your blogging routine and find one that works for you. If you already have followers, don’t shock them and change too abruptly, but definitely increase or decrease posts until you find the right balance. You may want to consider asking your readers if they prefer more or less posts.
As you develop a steady routine, your posting habits will become second nature and you will be able to relax and have a good time with it. Remember to advertise all of your posts on your Facebook page or Google+ account. Get people reading and sharing!
How else can we help?
A real estate blog is an opportunity to connect with clients and other professionals in the real estate field in a new way. IDXCentral.com specializes in real estate website design. Our easy-to-use tools, support, custom real estate WordPress add-ons, and frequent blog posts featuring real estate marketing tips, SEO tips, and more are designed to keep your real estate blog at the cutting edge of the industry.